Free Newsletter
Register for our Free Newsletters
Newsletter
Zones
Advanced Composites
LeftNav
Aerospace
LeftNav
Amorphous Metal Structures
LeftNav
Analysis and Simulation
LeftNav
Asbestos and Substitutes
LeftNav
Associations, Research Organisations and Universities
LeftNav
Automation Equipment
LeftNav
Automotive
LeftNav
Biomaterials
LeftNav
Building Materials
LeftNav
Bulk Handling and Storage
LeftNav
CFCs and Substitutes
LeftNav
Company
LeftNav
Components
LeftNav
Consultancy
LeftNav
View All
Other Carouselweb publications
Carousel Web
Defense File
New Materials
Pro Health Zone
Pro Manufacturing Zone
Pro Security Zone
Web Lec
Pro Engineering Zone
 
 
 
Company Directory
UFZ - Centre for Environmental Research (Umweltforschungszentrum Leipzig-Halle)
Permoserstra
Leipzig
D-04318
Germany
[t] + 49-341-235-2278
[f] ++ 49 341 235-2649
The UFZ (Centre for Environmental Research) was established in 1991 as the first and only establishment in the Helmholtz Community of German Research Centres (HGF) to be exclusively devoted to environmental research. It currently employs around 700 staff in total. The UFZ is 90 percent funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, with the regional governments of Saxony and Saxony-Anhalt sharing the remaining 10 percent equally.
Particulates - ever tinier particles are coming under the researchers
18 March, 2005
Scientists fear that the most dangerous particles are even smaller than PM10, particles with a diameter of less than 10 micrometres. Currently there are neither limit values nor a monitoring network for such particles. These ultrafine particles are smaller than 100 nanometres, that is less than one ten millionth of a metre.
 
Home I Editor's Blog I News by Zone I News by Date I News by Category I Special Reports I Directory I Events I Advertise I Submit Your News I About Us I Guides
 
   © 2012 NewMaterials.com
Netgains Logo